Telephone Number 01454 412599 option 1
We have tried to simplify our appointment system and changed the way we deal with those patients needing same day medical care.
Please book your appointments via reception. We ask those people booking in advance to avoid first thing in the morning to avoid the busiest times for the telephones.
We ask our receptionists to ask you to briefly describe what the purpose of the appointment is for two reasons. Firstly to help them ensure you are booked into the current type of appointment with the most appropriate clinician and secondly for the reasons of safety. Our receptionists are trained to identify symptoms that would be more safely dealt with by a 999 call or less urgent matters which they can run past the duty doctor to check the call has been handled correctly. The duty doctor triages all on the day appointment requests.
Our receptionists are bound by the same rules of confidentiality as the clinicians within the practice.
‘Sit and Wait’ Clinics
Patients who have an illness requiring “same day medical care” will be booked into these clinics:
- The ‘Sit and Wait’ will run twice a day.
- We expect that most patients will “wait” less than 10 minutes, but please be patient if you are waiting longer
- These clinics are for one problem only.
- Clinicians will be allocated to these clinics just before they start depending, demand.
- Patients will be seen in order of clinical priority.
- These clinics are not for the discussion of test results, on-going problems psychological problems which require more time.
- Patients with urgent psychological or emotional problems will be dealt with on an individual basis.
Other Health Professionals
You might like to consider speaking other health professionals for advice such as the practice nurse, a health visitor or local pharmacist.